Sunday, April 7, 2013

Springing into new beginnings!


These little guys make me happy!
It's official I have a little garden planted and I am keeping my fingers crossed that the snails don't take it over.   This is the first year in a very long time that I have a space to plant some color !  My husband took out a bricked area and made a new path to my studio , which gave me room to dig in the soil.  I am thrilled because it was perfect  for planting.  I want an abundance of color to inspire me in painting and make me SMILE.  So far I am smiling!
 Being a grandmother of two adorable little ones  I want to keep the garden tradition going.  My grandma always had a beautiful garden with rows of Iris, tomatoes , fruit trees, etc.    I am hoping by mid summer there will be cut flowers for me to bring indoors.    I have been checking it daily to see if  anything sprouting up and the last couple of days has proven to be productive.   I am so excited !
Until next time,




Gladioli


Dalias
Sweet peas







1 comment:

Riki Schumacher said...

Hi Steff! Thanks for entering the contest! Glad you like my whimsical teensies!! Have the best birthday ever!! xoxo Riki


Happiness

The sum of happiness is made up of a thousand details. A little kindness done one less fortunate gives the heart a beat of pleasure that no millinery or laces or jewels can possibly inspire.
To overcome prejudice is more satisfying than a ten-course dinner.
To subdue a difficulty and smother a selfish disire is to become strong and splendid.
If life is worth living at all, it is worth living in a state of progress and improvement.
If we moan and groan, filling the air with dissatisfaction and gloom, we can scarcely hope to partake of much contentment.
All you need is a good thump on the back by some cheerful soul who has faith in you, and promise to yourself that you will face your work and your worries cheerfully,-(Selected)